Adding a teenager to your car insurance policy can cause your premium to jump 50 percent or even double, according to the Insurance Information Institute, a New York based trade group.
Teen Driver discounts can help cut the costs. Following are 5 ways to help lower your family’s insurance premiums.
1. Encourage your teen to get good grades. *Usually a B or higher *Dean’s list or honor roll
Amount varies by state.
2. Enroll your teen in a safe-driving course. One company provides a coupon code for a safe driving course called teenSMART. It allows a teen driver to experience driving simulations.
3. Take advantage of distant – student discounts. Teens attending a school far away from home – typically, at least 100 miles
4. Get the teen driver an older car to drive. In general, purchasing an older car may result in lower premiums than a new car. However, newer cars have some safety features that can lower premium costs. Check with your agent.
5. Take advantage of new technology. Several insurers offer electronic devices that allow you to monitor teen driving habits. Drivers who meet certain benchmarks can save up to 30% on preiums with the avearge 16%.
CALL and SAVE! PERSONAL SERVICE!
Florey Insurance Agency (570-587-2615) will tell you about all the discounts.
* Teenage Driver
* College Studsent
* College Student not living at home
ACT FAST ! These discounts will not last forever!