Halloween is coming! Halloween is reportably the American holiday associated with the most injuries and deaths.Does you homeowners policy cover your liability for this holiday?
On Halloween, children and adults face the risk of injuries and death due to fall, slip or trip, fire hazard or dog bite.
INJURED TRICK OR TREATERS
Your Halloween visitors will probably visit you in the dark. They may not be able to see well. Their costume may be long so that it will be easy for them to trip on.
So you should :
* Check where you place your decorations
* Check where your cords are – Remember your tricksters may not follow your walk way
* Outdoor lighting – yard, walkway and entry way is well lit
* Keep your dog or pets away from the door
EGG THROWING GHOSTS
Your home may be damaged by vandalism
DECORATIONS CAUSE A FIRE
* Check all circuits and cords – do not overload
* No open flames
* Consider battery operated candles
* DO NOT drape fabric over light bulbs
GET PROPER INSURANCE COVERAGE FOR HALLOWEEN
*Check your personal liability coverage
*Check your medical payment to others
*Check- EXCLUSION – Expected or Intended Injury