Many people are finding they can lower the cost of car insurance- and the time it takes to select the right policy- by working with an independent insurance agent.
Because independent insurance agents represent many different insurance companies, independent agents have the flexibility to review rates and coverage from competing carriers so you can receive the best deal. They can offer affordable protection for your home, business and other assets.
So rather than spending hours gathering quotes from various companies, you can get everything done in one place. The Florey Insurance Agency-located in Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania- can help you compare prices of over 25 different companies. They are the independent agency that Scranton and Wilkes Barre prefer.
If you’re thinking of working with an independent agent, here are a few things to consider provided by the Progressive Insurance Company and the Florey Insurance Agency:
- What’s your lifestyle?
Many factors determine auto insurance rates, not just vehicle year, make and model. Companies also look at information about you. If you’ve recently moved, gotten married, had a birthday or experienced a similar life milestone, mention this to your independent agent, you may be eligible to save money on your car insurance.
Although having a new teenage driver usually means the auto insurance bill will go up, there are ways to save. We work with multiple companies and offer over 35 different discounts like the good student discount and if driver courses were taken.
- How old is your car?
You don’t always need the same level of physical damage coverage on older cars as on newer ones. If you drive an older car, independent agents can give you advice on what makes the most sense. But of course, if you want to keep your physical damage coverage, consider raising your deductible- that can save you money each year too.
- How can you save money on other types of vehicles?
If you have a motorcycle, boat and RV you might save money by having it covered by the same company that insures your car.
You may also want to consider separating your homeowner’s policy from your car insurance policy. Bundling your homeowner’s policy with your car insurance doesn’t always save you money. In some cases it may, but compare prices by separating the policies using an independent agent- the discount you may have gotten for keeping them together may be outweighed by the lower price another company might have for your car insurance.
To learn more and for a free quote take some time and look through our website www.Floreyinsurance.com or call to speak to one of our specialized agents at 1( 877)503-8543.
You’re standing at the car rental counter waiting to start your vacation when you’re asked a tricky question. Do you want to buy damage waivers, also known as car rental insurance? How will you answer?
” Knowing if you need to buy rental insurance can save you money and give you peace of mind” says Rick Crawley with Progressive. Optional insurance could nearly double the cost of the rental. Do your homework and know before you go.”
Here are some pointers:
- Review your policy with your independent insurance agent. Your agent can evaluate your personal car insurance policy to find out if you are covered in a vacation rental car.
- Check with your credit card company. Some credit cards provide coverage at no charge if you use their card to pay for the rental. However, some restrictions may apply. Be sure to ask for an exact description of what’s covered.
- Take your insurance policy “Declarations Page” with you to the rental counter. You may be asked a question that these papers can answer. If you’re not sure of an answer, you’ll have your agent’s name and phone number readily available.
“Generally, if you have comprehensive, collision and liability coverages on your personal car insurance policy, there’s a good chance you’ll be covered in a rental car” says Crawley. ” Check with your agent to be sure. If you are covered, you would be liable only for the deductible on comprehensive and collision coverages, just like your personal vehicle”.
To learn more contact your personal agent here at Florey Insurance Agency.
People ask us all the time, what makes us different from the competition.
First off, not all of our customers are located in the Clarks Summit, Scranton, and Wilkes-barre area. Our agency covers all of Pennsylvania and we have tools to help you from your home. It’s almost as if you are sitting face to face with our agents in our office. In addition to the usual phone conversation our agents are equipped with Skype, live chat, and screen sharing software. So it doesn’t matter if you’re in Philadelphia or Pittsburg. We can still help you like anyone who walks in our front door. No matter if you’re looking for home, auto, life, health or any other type of insurance.
“I got quoted with a Progressive agent down the street, how can you guys give me cheaper Progressive rates than them?”
This happens all of the time. We are a signature agent which means we have the ability to offer additional discounts that other agents can not.
People also say, “Your sign in the front says Progressive, isn’t that who you insure with?”
Yes and no. We are partnered with Progressive but we also have over 20 other companies as well. Such as Travelers, GMAC, Safeco, Encompass, Metlife, and so many more. This is our biggest advantage. Instead of just being locked into seeing prices for one company our agents can give you a quote with all of these companies at once. Not only can they see the prices of all of these companies for you, they can also see all of the discounts that you apply for. This system also saves you time — we do the shopping for you.
Try it for yourself today
Click here to run your own quote with all of our carrriers.
Call one of our agents at 1(877)503-8543
Or fill out the form to the right and an agent will call you within 24 hours.
With Snapshot, Progressive’s Pay As You Drive® (PAYD) program, you can turn your good driving into huge savings when you buy insurance. Your Snapshot Discount could save you as much as 30%!
According to Progressive’s Web Site, “The Snapshot device records vehicle speed and time of day, and when the device is connected and disconnected from the vehicle. It also records the Vehicle Identification Number upon installation. Other information, such as miles driven and rates of acceleration and braking, is derived from the speed and time information recorded by the device.”
Who wouldn’t want to potentially save an additional 30% on an already competetive rate? If you’re interested, just give us a call so that we can set you up on this new discount program, and in the meantime, let Flo tell you a bit more about Snapshot…
Are You Getting the Discounts You’re Entitled To? If not call 1-800-231-3227 or visit our website www.floreyinsurance.com
Some of the most common discounts are:
Having Triple A
Renting an Apartment
Being Insured for more than 5 years
There are Companies that will not cancel your policy regardless of Claims
Over 55 Driver Training
New Home Construction
Discount for Pleasure Use of Vehicle
Discount for Limited Tort
Many people are unaware of the large number of savings and discounts available when shopping for car insurance in Pennsylvania. We will present you with 36 easy tips that can potentially save you hundreds on your insurance premium.
1. Make sure you know how far you drive per year. Some companies offer discounted rates if you travel under a certain mileage annually.
2. A good credit score often gives a discount. Although, many companies rate credit scores different ways.
3. Many companies offer a discount for maintaining active insurance coverage prior to switching to another carrier.
4. Some insurance companies give a discount for carrying prior Bodily Injury (BI) Limits of 100/300 or higher.
5. Many companies offer a discount for simply owning a home. With some, you may get this credit for owning a home even if it is not written with the same company as your auto insurance.
6. Insurance companies also may offer a discount if you put your home and auto policies together with one company. This is what’s called the “multi-policy discount”.
7. Some companies may offer a discount for owning a manufactured home and combining it with your auto policy.
8. Companies often offer what’s called a “multi-car” discount on an auto policy. This discount can be given if you insure 2 or more cars on the same policy.
9. Some companies offer a discount for combining your mobile home and car together on the same policy.
10. Many companies offer an advanced quoting discount if you get an insurance quote 8 or more days before the renewal date on your insurance policy.
11. Some insurance companies give a discount for insuring both a car and a motorcycle with the same company.
12. Some companies offer a discount if you insure a boat and a car with the same company.
13. Several companies offer a discount for student drivers with a GPA at or above a certain average, depending on the company.
14. Some companies offer a discount if you’re a teacher.
15. Some offer a discount for firemen.
16. Others offer a discount for being a policeman.
17. You may be able to get a discount if you put your other insurance policies with your auto insurance.
18. Most companies give discounts for paying the insurance premium on a policy in full.
19. Many companies give a discount if you pay your insurance through a checking account or credit card, also referred to as paying through EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer).
20. You may also be able to get a discount if you are a single parent.
21. Some companies may also offer the option of doing business over the internet. This can be an additional discount.
22. There is a discount with many companies for being accident free.
23. Discounts can also be given if you have anti-theft devices such as an alarm system on your car.
24. There is a discount for high deductibles. In fact, the higher the deductible you choose, the lower your total premium will be.
25. Discounts can also be applied if you live in certain areas.
26. A discount may be possible for putting a youthful driver on the policy as the operator of certain cars.
27. You may also be entitled to a discount if you watch a video given by the company.
28. A discount is also given if your son or daughter took driver training.
29. You may also get a discount for being in the military.
30. Other companies offer discounts for lower limits.
31. Some carriers offer discounts if you work for certain companies.
32. You can get a discount if you are a farmer.
33. There is also a discount for full coverage, which means you carry coverage for the other person in an accident and your own car too.
34. You can get big discounts for insuring antique or classic cars.
35. Different companies offer discounts if you drive certain types of cars.
36. There is a discount for long-distance student drivers. Usually to qualify, the student must go to school >100 miles from their residence address.
NOTE: Discounts vary from company to company. Not all discounts listed are applicable to all insurance companies.