FALL MAINTENANCE FOR THE HOMEOWNER
Help get your home ready for winter with these fall maintenace tips:
1. Check windows and doors – Seal gaps and cracks around windows and doors with weather stripping and caulk.
2. Clean your heating and air conditioning – Clean or replace furnace filters. Have a professional inspect your heating system.
3. Check your fireplace – It is a good idea to give it a test run to make sure it will be working well in the winter. Check for soot or creosote build up.
4. Clean your water heater – Simply drain it and this will get rid of any buildupdue to sediment.
5. Inspect and clean gutters and downspouts.
6. Check your roof – see if there are any missing shingles or holes, corroded flashing or leaky vents.
7. Repair damaged sidewalks, driveways and steps.
8. Drain and winterize outdoor faucets
9. Do a home safety check – smoke and CO monitors, inspect fire extinguisherts, review fire escape plan
Florey Insurance Agency wants you to have a safe winter. Call us at 570-587-2615 or click the link below.