5 tips – Teen Driver Discounts
Teen Driver discounts can help cut the costs. Following are 5 ways to help lower your family’s insurance premiums.
1. Encourage your teen to get good grades. *Usually a B or higher *Dean’s list or honor roll
Amount varies by state.
2. Enroll your teen in a safe-driving course. One company provides a coupon code for a safe driving course called teenSMART. It allows a teen driver to experience driving simulations.
3. Take advantage of distant – student discounts. Teens attending a school far away from home – typically, at least 100 miles
4. Get the teen driver an older car to drive. In general, purchasing an older car may result in lower premiums than a new car. However, newer cars have some safety features that can lower premium costs. Check with your agent.
5. Take advantage of new technology. Several insurers offer electronic devices that allow you to monitor teen driving habits. Drivers who meet certain benchmarks can save up to 30% on preiums with the avearge 16%.
Give us a call at Florey Insurance Agency when that new driver is going on the road and we will see what discounts are available to you.